Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
OK we just confirmed that you have no clue about OOP or design patterns,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Wow. Your ego is too much for me.

so I'll stop replying to your posts.
Good. Please stop replying to the entire thread at the same time. None of us understand design patterns, honest. We're all wasting your valuable time.

You are wasting my time and not contributing to the discussion at hand.

Right... "can't get my own way - throw toys out of pram.", I think I have your measure.

Whether of not I understand design patterns is not the issue here - the issue is your inability to discuss anything without confrontation.

Do I understand OOP? Yes. Very well. I've used it on a daily basis for more years than I care to remember (15?) Are Design Patterns an essential part of OOP? No. Absolutely *not*. Like anything, they are a tool, a helper, a pointer. Nothing more.
Have I created Object Persistence mechanisms from scratch? Yes.
Have I created MVC frameworks from scratch? Yes.
Have I seen the carnage created when other people use Patterns for the sake of Patterns without understanding all the ramifications? Hell yeah.
Have I had to pick up the pieces? Yes, too many times.
Did I need to force the developers of my given environment to implement hooks in to some patterns or another to do this? No. Did I find it necessary to insult people in the process of my career? Probably, but that is just me :)