On Tue, November 1, 2011 13:40, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
>>>
>>> Correct (I had checked as well), but the only purpose that serves
>>> is to check whether the system timezone info has changed.
>>>
>>> This is something that normally doesn't happen unless you move your
>>> system from one timezone to another or during system setup, so I
>>> question the desirability of this check.
>>
>> E.g. the US DST times have changed in the very recent past. Updates can
>> also
>> update timezone data.
>
> This falls under 'system setup'.

I believe that the assigned category isn't so important; the point IMHO is
that it can happen easily while some FPC written program is running (e.g.
due to regular "apt-get update" & "apt-get upgrade" and the administrator
would never know that he or she should restart certain daemon after such a
change (normally, the administrator shouldn't care whether the daemon was
written in FPC, C or PL/I).

Tomas