Am 03.11.2011 21:11, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:
Pete Cervasio schrieb:

> Splitting the TDateTime into year, month etc. is done by a
DecodeDate...

> function, that *assumes* that TDateTime contains a local time. When you

> feed it an UTC time, the result is unusable.

What? How does it assume it's in local time? It assumes it has
received the value you want decoded. The value 40850.5 treated as a
TDateTime is 03 NOV 2011 @ 12:00.

How do you get the starting date and time of the epoch?

According to Delphi help a TDateTime of 0.0 represents 12/30/1899 12:00
am, while Wikipedia states "start counting the seconds from the Unix
epoch of 1970-01-01T00:00:00 UTC".

You are aware that the definition of TDateTime and that of the Unix timestamp are not supposed to be the same? The original TDateTime definiton (Delphi 1 and maybe also 2) started from 01/01/0001 and was later changed to todays 12/30/1899 to be COM compatible.

And still: It does not matter whether we are talking about local or UTC time here.