Sven Barth schrieb:

According to Delphi help a TDateTime of 0.0 represents 12/30/1899 12:00
am, while Wikipedia states "start counting the seconds from the Unix
epoch of 1970-01-01T00:00:00 UTC".

You are aware that the definition of TDateTime and that of the Unix timestamp are not supposed to be the same? The original TDateTime definiton (Delphi 1 and maybe also 2) started from 01/01/0001 and was later changed to todays 12/30/1899 to be COM compatible.

The use of different types, for Windows local and system time, requires either a conversion when a UTC (system) time is assigned to a TDateTime variable, or overloaded functions are required for dealing with such different encodings. Currently the conversion from SystemTime (record) into TDateTime (Double) makes the TDateTime contain the *local* time, not the UTC time. That's why I wonder how you want to place an true UTC time value into a TDateTime - can you give some code?

And still: It does not matter whether we are talking about local or UTC time here.

It does, as long as there is no guarantee that UTC and local time start at the exactly same date and time.

DoDi