Pierre Muller wrote:
Due to numerous question about mips/mipsel linux,
I decided to try to generate snapshot for those systems.
It finally worked (with OPT=-O- option added)

You can test them at:
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/trunk/mipsel-linux/
or
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/trunk/mips-linux/

Please give feedback,

I'm just about moving again here, but with a decided limp: the system that blew was 2.8GHz and all my guest OSes are now plugged into a 1GHz box. I still find being able to use a significant number of different guests in sleds/caddies useful... Unfortunately I've still not got any real MIPS hardware running here, so I'm still stuck on Qemu.

The good news is that I can still run/build trunk for mipsel on Debian "Squeeze" on Qemu without unanticipated issues (i.e. nobody reading this should assume that Lazarus will work yet).

The not-so-good news is that I built from trunk earlier but after having bus errors in Qemu's implementation of big-endian MIPS I'm now looking at the file above. Unfortunately I still get bus errors and I think the binaries have been stripped.

If I revert to a binary that I cross-built from trunk earlier, I get this:

217 1>markMLl@pye-dev-07c:~$ gdb /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppcmips
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0.1-debian
..
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppcmips...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppcmips

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x0043ba68 in SYSUTILS_$$_DATETIMETOFILEDATE$TDATETIME$$LONGINT ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0043ba68 in SYSUTILS_$$_DATETIMETOFILEDATE$TDATETIME$$LONGINT ()
#1  0x0043edb4 in SYSUTILS_$$_UNIXTOWINAGE$LONGINT$$LONGINT ()
#2 0x0043fc88 in SYSUTILS_$$_FINDGETFILEINFO$ANSISTRING$TSEARCHREC$$BOOLEAN ()
#3  0x0043ffe0 in SYSUTILS_$$_FINDNEXT$TSEARCHREC$$LONGINT ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk