On 01/25/2013 04:38 PM, Paul Ishenin wrote:

You need to look at another Michael mail where he claims that he was against for-in loop feature when it had going to be implemented. So no suprise that he is against extending it now.

Michael, please don't demotivate our potential compiler developers :)

Let's look how suggested feature makes compiler worse. Some answers I already know, some needs to be clarified:

1. Does it adds new (semi-)reserved words? No, index is already a semi-reserved word which is used for property declaration. So scanner will not be changed.

2. Does it influence other features than for-in loop? As I see, other parts of compiler will not be changed.

3. Will it add much code which is needs to be supported? I don't know but expect it will add not much. Vasiliy, can you put your patch somewhere to look at overall compiler change?

4. Jonas, can you tell about for-in loop for objective-pascal dialect? I know it implementation depends on some Objective-C classes. Do they support current index/key return? Do you against 'index' extension for ObjP dialect and in general?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin

Hi Paul,

1. scanner will not be changed.
2. It will not influence other features than for-in loop.
3. Link located at end of message. You also can visit https://github.com/vkevroletin/freepascal/compare/master...key-value-iterator in your browser. 4. - (yes there is difficulty with Objective-C, it skipped in my pilot implementation)

P.S.
patch: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B36IYx_6MNY6bzY2Sm9Hc3o5QlE/edit