On 3/5/2013 05:50, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
I'm also trying to use fpmake for other "hourly build server" tasks,
where I need to do clean compiles of various independent packages first,
then build the test suite that pulls everything together. eg: building
Synapse, FBLib, tiOPF, EpikTimer, fpGUI etc in parallel. Then somehow
wait until they are all done, then build the test suite which uses all
those packages. I still haven't figure this process out yet. If you have
hints or suggestion on this, it would be greatly appreciated [maybe
follow-up in a new message thread in fpc-pascal]

on another system i work with, we use disk-based breadcrumb semaphore files for the different stages and parts of those stages... one is created when the section is entered into and another when the section is successfully compiled... it is mostly all C stuff and uses make... it is all pretty much FM to me as i only start it and wait for it to reach my modules and see if they compile or fail... if they fail, i (w)hack at them some more... the breadcrumbs allow the compilation environment to pick up where it left off instead of spending two hours recompiling everything again up to the point of failure...

maybe this can give you some ideas?

FWIW: the above breadcrumb system that i speak of is in the development version of an open source firewall product that i work with ;)