On 16/03/2013 09:55, Jonas Maebe wrote:

On 16 Mar 2013, at 02:35, Paul Ishenin wrote:

16.03.13, 1:54, Martin wrote:
revision 23848

As reported recently:

make clean
make.exe all    LINKSMART=1  CREATESMART=1  DEBUG=1 OPTIMIZE=0 OPT="-gl
-O2"

No, it does not work.

It definitely should work (there's even a special extcycle target in the compiler Makefile to test it), and has worked mostly in the past. It's not always checked and occasionally does get broken though.

The above "make" did not match my question. I have a batch and build several different configurations (mainly differ in debug related -gs/gw -O1/2 --- the -Cr was just for fun)

The -Cr make is

make clean
make.exe all LINKSMART=1 CREATESMART=1 DEBUG=1 OPTIMIZE=0 OPT="-gl -gw -godwarfsets -O-1 -Cr"

And started to crash a few weeks  (maybe few month) back.

I did never run the testcases for it. Only build it, and used it to build my tests.

The particular crash in question is by
  cstringpattern: AnsiString;
              len:=length(cstringpattern);
              recordtokenbuf.write(cstringpattern[1],len);
with a len of zero, writing 0 bytes from an address that is out of range.

Could be solved by using
 {$PUSH} {$R-}
 {$POP}
around those lines.