I am also having some issues with Lazarus, I am not sure if it is the right
forum to talk about it. I had a previous version working fine on Rasphberry Pi.
For some reason I can't get it to work on Mele A2000G. I have compiled it on gentoo on the Mele, using distcc and locally, same results. I didn't get any error during compile so I was expecting it to work. fpc seems to work, I haven't written any code with it yet, I was expecting to use lazarus to do that.

My system on Mele A2000G is gentoo with mate desktop. I have everything
compiled with hard float as I did on the Raphsberry Pi.
This is a much faster ARM processor (1Ghz with 1G of RAM). Gentoo is on a 32G SD Card. Speed throttles down to 408 Mhz when idle, could that be the problem? If that is I might need to put a heatsink and recompile the uboot and/or kernel to stop the change in speed.

qt is 4.10.1  I have 4.9 on rasphberry pi

michel@catudal ~ $ lazarus
bash: /usr/bin/lazarus: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
michel@catudal ~ $ ls -la /usr/bin/laz
lazarus   lazbuild
michel@catudal ~ $ ls -la /usr/bin/lazarus
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29  4 avr 07:39 /usr/bin/lazarus ->
../share/lazarus/startlazarus
michel@catudal ~ $ ls -la /usr/share/lazarus/startlazarus
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18763274  4 avr 07:30 /usr/share/lazarus/startlazarus
michel@catudal ~ $

michel@catudal ~ $ fpc
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.0 [2013/04/03] for arm

Lazarus is 1.0.4, i think that I have a slightly earlier version on  Rasphberry
Pi. It works nicely on mate. Interesting considering that the browser isn't too
good on it and some applications were rather slow. Rasphberry pi is much slower
than the Mele A2000G

michel@catudal ~ $ emerge -p lazarus

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   *] dev-lang/lazarus-1.0.4