On 8-4-2013 14:49, peter green wrote:
Michel Catudal wrote:
I am also having some issues with Lazarus, I am not sure if it is the right forum to talk about it. I had a previous version working fine on Rasphberry Pi. For some reason I can't get it to work on Mele A2000G. I have compiled it on gentoo on the Mele, using distcc and locally, same results. I didn't get any error during compile so I was expecting it to work. fpc seems to work, I haven't written any code with it yet, I was expecting to use lazarus to do that.

My system on Mele A2000G is gentoo with mate desktop. I have everything compiled with hard float as I did on the Raphsberry Pi.
Upstream 2.6.x does not support the hard float ABI so unless you have a patched version (such as the one shipped in debian) it won't correctly link against C libraries on a system that uses hard float ABIS. Also even when the hard float ABI support is present in the compiler source code you need to either bootstrap with a starting compiler that uses the hard float ABI or explictly specify -d FPC_ARMHF during the build.
At the moment the current lazarus doesn't compile here for trunk, not even on raspberry. A couple of days ago it did. But this is today. I will put in a bug report if I checked my build stup, can reproduce it and if so isn't fixed within two days or so. Most of the time it will. You probably definitely must use trunk to get proper results for arm. Lot's of changes/improvements.