Le 2013-07-01 04:36, Michael Schnell a écrit :
> On 06/29/2013 03:58 PM, Michel Catudal wrote:
>> e same state. For someone who doesn't have the money for an HDMI monitor, it
>> does have a RCA connector for NTSC (or PAL) video.
> In fact, my friend found that its more comfortable to use VNC and attach to
> the Target as a remote GUI from his PC, anyway. So no additional Monitor
> necessary.
>
> He researches on how to switch off the BBB's graphic hardware altogether and
> by this free the shared graphics memory for software use and avoid the
> unnecessary memory read cycles for the picture refresh.
>
> (In fact the original purpose of the RPI was young students who perhaps don't
> own a PC, so this does not apply here.)

I find smaller devices like the AVR32 and PIC32 more appropriate for embedded
system. ARM devices with Linux are more for use with video. The Pi is a bit
slow on graphics so I came to the same conclusion as many that it is more
usefull using ssh. I can run
setedit nicely using ssh on the Pi.

Michel

--