On 05/14/2015 12:28 AM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
No, since the that coder decides what he wants to offer up for inclusion, not the community.

For obvious reasons, a single person is less able to see the consequences of a design decision than multiple "analysts" can. So that principle often results in unnecessary failing of basically excellent ideas.
http://wiki.freepascal.org/not_Delphi_compatible_enhancement_for_Unicode_Support
Yes. That is a good example of a monologue.
Not really, as in this mailing list I have been explicitly requested to write that text. Otherwise I would not have bothered to invest the offer (knowing that rather likely it will not have any consequences).

-Michael