I understand the thread, however, in one of the ISO standards for Pascal, the
keyword is, is defined for type not value. The example I gave is the only way I
can see supporting is on non objects - because we are a typed language. That
was my point, not arguing against, however, sharing a way I could see a value
of it. Other than that, I am against...

Ozz

> On Apr 14, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Thorsten Engler <thorsten.eng...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Eh, Ozz? Did you actually read this thread?
>
> It has nothing to do with the declared type of i. it compares the current
> value of i against the range of the specified type and will return true if
> the current value falls inside that range.
>
> 5 is TSubRange -> true
> 2000 is TSubRange -> false
>
> Also:
>
> case i as TSubRange of //exception if i < -5 or i > 5

>>> TSubRange=-5..5;