On Sat, 14 Apr 2018, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:

On 02.07.2017 18:49, Jonas Maebe wrote:
I would be in favour of a new intrinsic.

I have to admit that for some usages I would prefer a compiler intrinsic that returns False instead of raising an exception. Something like:

function TryIntToEnum<T: type of enum>(const AValue: Integer; var AEnumValue: T): Boolean;

Please, don't use this ridiculous generics syntax. If it is a compiler intrinsic, then

function TryIntToEnum(T: atype; const AValue: Integer; var AEnumValue: aType):
Boolean;

will work, just like typeinfo() or sizeof() works.

Michael.