On 11/4/18 10:26 PM, Ben Grasset wrote:
I'm not young. You're making all kinds of assumptions here. TP7 /is /generally speaking, irrelevant in the fast majority of cases nowadays. FPC is 1000x more advanced in every conceivable way than any version of Turbo Pascal ever was. There is nothing "interesting" about TP from a current perspective. At this point it's simply just a notably worse Pascal compiler than FPC, and nothing more.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that you're actually claiming there is a non-trivial number of people out there who have /literally/ been actively developing in nothing but Turbo Pascal right up until now, and finally have decided to "modernize", and who will as such actually find that article useful.

wow... you talk about "making assumptions" and then you that someone claimed something that no one wrote... no one said anything about any non-trivial number of people using TP...

personally speaking, depending on the job, yes, i break out my TP6 (!) for many things... if i need 32/64 bit, then i use FPC/Lazarus...

i can also honestly point to several projects that are in the process of being ported from TP to FPC... one is/was an extremely popular FTN mailer used in Fidonet and other Fidonet Technology Networks... and yes, Fidonet does still exist today along with another ~50+ other FTNs ;)