On 11/14/2018 4:45 AM, Marco van de Voort wrote:

Op 2018-11-14 om 13:44 schreef Ozz Nixon:
Thank you all ... I am on the road, when I get back, I will track down TUnitHeader, TObjectTypeDefinition, TOrdinalTypeDefinition - and post those structures. My problem was changing the above to simple:
 PreviousUnitAddressOffset:=TUnitHeader.PreviousUnitAddress;

does not work, I think they are constants - I will have to dig back through the code. (It's from 1995, written by Anders Hejlsberg, so it does a lot of odd ASM things).

Internal identifiers are not always the same between FPC and Delphi. It might not be possible at all, so you need to find out why these are needed.

+1

I was not sure, having nothing but that little snippet of code, if this was something trying to do internal to the compiler or if that was part of some data conversion tool.

If this is indeed accessing some Delphi internal data structures, I think nobody can seriously expect FreePascal to be binary compatible. It is (tries to be) source code compatible, as much as feasible. But anything beyond that,...

Ralf

---