Hi everyone,

I just recently updated the patches for my x86_64 Optimizer Overhaul <https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34628> (which also improves i386).  One thing I'm not so sure of is if I've accidentally overwritten some more recent changes to the peephole optimizer or not, which I hope I haven't!

Hopefully performance gains are still significant.  Some parts of the overhauled optimiser (which does not affect other platforms) are a little more complicated than they need to be, but this is so -O1 doesn't perform worse than before.

The bug issue linked above contains a PDF-formatted design specification that explains my motivations and choices.

Gareth aka. Kit

---