So what's the verdict so far? Do I have your blessing to start work on this?

Because of its complexity, I'll do one of my PDF design specs as well.

Admittedly my mind is drifting a little bit because I want to see how much optimisation can be done at the node level (e.g. converting "x * 1" to just "x") so as to take some strain off the peephole optimizer, but got to do the framework first.

Gareth aka. Kit

P.S. Still waiting for further feedback on the x86_64 optimizer overhaul.  Granted it's a hard one to evaluate because of its complexity.

---