Hi Sven - thanks for the quick check.  I'm out of the house currently so I can't try it out immediately, but I'll try it out later this evening.  By the way, both my source and target are aarch64-linux (I'm using the prototype aarch64 build of the Raspberry Pi OS, athough I have an SD card with the standard 32-bit Arm Raspian as well).

In regards to it not supporting inline assembly, it might only be applicable to FPC 3.2.x, as I tried to write some customised assembly language but was getting unrecognised opcode errors for instructions that definitely exist (like LDR).

Gareth aka. Kit