That's a point, yeah.  It's just difficult because, on Lazarus for example, anything inside braces is coloured as if it were a comment in an asm block.  Changing this so it appears the same colour as the rest of the assembly code when on Arm platforms would help reduce the confusion, although that's another story, and I'm not sure what the policy is on platform-specific syntax highlighting.

Gareth aka. Kit