On 07/05/2021 07:26, Sven Barth via fpc-devel wrote:
> Trunk also supports POSIX exceptions on selected *nix based systems,
> though I haven't looked in depth yet in how far they incur a runtime
> penalty (also they need to be enabled by enabling them in the compiler
> and then recompiling everything, cause they're still experimental).

They're not POSIX, but DWARF-EH. They don't incur any cost except if an
exception is triggered (but then the cost is quite high).

They're also the only supported exception type when using the LLVM
backend (which is why adding Windows-support is more work than adding
support for other platforms to the LLVM backend, as even at the LLVM IR
level Windows exceptions are modeled differently).

Jonas