On Thu, 29 Jul 2021, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2021, Denis Kozlov via fpc-devel wrote:

Regarding the old bug tracker. Can you please keep it online, perhaps making it accessible in read-only mode?

There are many references to issues in the old bug tracker across many code bases and discussions, at it would be a real shame to loose that link so abruptly.

The links will not be dead.

If keeping the old bug tracker alive (in read-only mode) is not feasible.

No, because for security reasons I would need to maintain it (security
updates etc) and this is exactly why we move to gitlab, to get rid of the
release burden.

a good alternative is to set up redirects to the newly generated issues in gitlab.

The redirects to gitlab are already in place. if the script cannot determine the page
to go to, you get the choice to select a bugtracker.

Note that the old bug ID is used in the new bugtracker, so if a bug was
transferred (and they should all be transferred) you can just search for the
old bug ID.

For clarity: the lazarus issues have already been transferred, the FPC ones
not yet; there is an issue with the svn -> git conversion.
(we need the git conversion to be done first)