On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 1:36 PM Werner Pamler via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> > Does anybody have a common.dll in \windows\system32 at all?
>
> I don't have it, neither in system32 nor in SysWOW64.

OK.

> Just pulled the current revision of fpc-trunk, and did not observe this
> error (Win 10, fpc3.2.2 32-bit bootstrap compiler)

I expected as much, since nobody else complained about this error.
AFAIK the syswow64 directory is not in my %PATH%.

Unfortunately the "OPT=-vut" does not work (no output whatsoever) when
this package is built, so no way to determine where it searches (and
does not find: the errormessage is wrong w.r.t. that) and fails for
32-bit, not where it finds and succeeds for 64-bit and arm-wince.

--
Bart