On 22 Oct 2010, at 10:31, Adem wrote:

Focus on unit compilation/loading and/or the register allocator?

Of course, you could do that (and by the looks of it, it already is on your mental roadmap too), but are they really --really-- that critical?

Fixing the the unit reloading logic is quite critical, because it's the main cause of crashes and other weird errors you sometimes (or regularly, depending on how many circular dependencies you have and the kind of changes you make) get when recompiling units without erasing them first or without using the -B command line parameter.

That said, I fully support the creation of a fork of FPC by everyone who thinks that is a good idea. If something good comes out of it, we can always integrate it later (or who knows, main FPC development could eventually move to that fork), and in the short term it will save a lot of time spent on elaborate discussions by everyone involved.

Jonas