> Or something like the Eizo FlexScan EV2730Q which is a 27" 1920x1920
> resolution monitor. Giving you back that critically important vertical
> space we lost since wide screen monitors got introduced.
>
> http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/index.html
>
> I really like the idea of the Eizo square monitor. Anybody using any of
> these (or similar) for programming?

I use a 27" Ilyama Prolite fullhd screen rotated to portrait with a
secondary fullhd screen (a cheaper one) for the few cases that rotated
dimensions are annoying for about half an year now.

I'm quite happy about the setup. (for work at home, Delphi, Windows) Not
just the programming benefits, but also e.g.  PDF reading (specs,
datasheets) is improved.

It is just a matter of learning the keybindings to toss apps quickly between
screens for e.g. design work that needs the full width.

If the landscape screen is not in use, I usually have a notepad with notes
or so open in it.

Lazarus is even easier than Delphi, since it has no sidebars to hide or make
autohide. Just make whatever you don't need floating again, and use F11 etc
to pop them up again.