Hi,

I accidentally rejected the message below by Allan <allan2...@warpspeed.dyndns.dk> because I thought I was looking at the moderation queue of the fpc-pascal list. So here it is.

Jonas
FPC mailing lists admin

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:38:43 +0000
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2016-10-31 08:34, Bo Berglund wrote:
> > By what I have seen is that Lars cannot continue the web interface
> > to Gmane NNTP, but that the NNTP server will continue.
>
> Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I was under the impression that Gmane
> was going to close down completely. Nice to hear that part of it (the
> most important part) is still going to continue.

I really don't care, if his web interface goes away - never used it.
If he really would stop the gmane newsserver, I would just link
the mailinglist to my own newsserver, as I have done with lots of other
mailinglists, over the years :-)

I think the discussion about which model is the right one for FPC is
stupid, as no one will ever agree on anything.

OTOH, I have been running my own newsserver for 15 years - with a
gateway to a mailinglist server, and a very simple Webinterface on top
of the newsserver - and it has been running that way all the time on
OS/2 !  Please don't tell me - that there is not very simple solutions
for that ( and hopefully 15 years newer :-) ) for nix or win.

What I'm saying here is, that I would hope, that we could persuade the
FPC Team to set up such a solution - so that everybody would be happy.

It really do have a lot of advantages - especially if running
mailinglists and webforuns as separate things - because that would
split the community - the other solution joins forces.

  Allan.