2 dollarsfor an additional 5GB of storage if you want it regardless of the plan you choose. Heck, I'm seriously considering getting one of these myself, and I don't even have an immediate need for it, just things I'd like to do that I've been putting off for years. This might give me the access to go ahead with loads of plans I've shelved for lack of proper server access. Should prove fun and interesting.

On 3/10/2017 5:54 PM, Andreas Berger wrote:
Graeme, a question about Vultr. I looked at it superficially and didn't see the answer, but you obviously studied the package well. Can I use the VPS for data storage as well. My personal VPS has a small CGI program to monitor my clients, but is mostly used to store large amounts of logs.

Regards,

Andreas

On 10/03/2017 19:08, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2017-03-10 17:05, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
I see my router has a few such
entries like DynDNS.org etc.

I just had a look at this. $40 per year, plus another $29 per year for
Managed DNS support. Without the latter, I'll not be able to redirect my
purchased domain names to the DynDNS hostname I chose, which in turn
will redirect to my dynamic IP address.

That's if I understand it all correctly. So this options is currently
more expensive than what Vultr offers ($30/yr all in (or $60/yr for a
bigger package), and I can do what I want on that VPS and easily point
my DNS entries to the VPS IP address - the latter without extra cost).

I'll still take a look at other dynamic dns companies too, and see how
they compare or what they offer.

Regards,
   Graeme

---