On 2017-03-12 18:18, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2017-03-12 21:27, nore...@z505.com wrote:
With 1.8Mbps up link, that's roughly 0.2 mega bytes per second, so, if
you run servers from your home that your customers access, what happens
if someone downloads a 100MB file

And that is exactly why I cancelled my VirginMedia contract after 2
weeks (over subscribed area for downloads, and a rubbish upload speed),
and moved back to Sky Broadband which gives me 18Mbps upload speeds, and
a much more consistent download speed (never drops below 71Mbps).

Regards,
  Graeme

Okay 18Mbps becomes about 1.8 mega bytes per second, divide 10-50 customers...

180 Kilobytes per second is a tolerable download speed, but some users may complain... as they are used to 500-1500kilobytes download speeds ;-)

Then if 50 customers... 180 becomes divided by 5, but maybe not likely that 50 customers all download a file at the exact same time. Depends how "busy" the "busyness" is :-)