> > 100 bucks, I'm not complaining, since a standard T1 is only 1.54MBPS.
>
> Here in the UK they have been trial'ing 1Gbps fiber-to-the-home
> connections in a single town for a couple months now. The rate is
> ?30/month. I can't remember the exact upload speed, I think it was 100Mbps.

In most Dutch cities too. I'm currently on 60/60mbps for 65 eur/month triple
play. (fullhd TV, internet, telephone landline). 100mbps and higher speeds
are also available.

It is a bit expensive though, and I want to downgrade, but they seem to have
abandoned their cheaper offerings. So probably back to cable again soon.

P.s. the best thing about fiber is the latency and general reliability.
(ssh's never time out)