On 2017-05-23 21:16, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
... and the code is lost :)

Not at all, I have about 20+ local branches in my fpGUI repository. Some branches date back to 2009, 2010. Ideas I had, but lost motivation, or they were simply an experiment (that could be useful at some point). Just 2 days ago I revived a 5 year old branch and finally completed the work.

I didn't pollute the public fpGUI repos because it was personal ideas or features I toyed with. They are in various incomplete stages, or simply experiments. I don't want others to see such work until my ideas have matured.

On the flip side, in the past I have seen newsgroup posts where somebody has similar ideas to one or two of my incomplete branches. In such cases I speak to that person and if interested, I publish such a branch to begin collaboration.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/