On 25/10/17 18:30, Santiago A. wrote:
Hello:
In my old Delphi days I worked with interbase and later with firebird.(Now
MySQL and MsSQLserver, life is hard)
I have some complains, but the overall feeling about Firebird is verypositive.
It is a handy and powerful enough for almost everything . Infact, I still have
some production server running with no problems foryears.
I have tried a little PostgreSQL, it looks powerful and has good reviewsand has
features that firebird hasn't, some of them very interestinglike replication.
Nevertheless, I've heard that windows is not itsnatural habitat. On the other
hand, Firebrid looks very handy for petprojects (and not so pet)
Any opinion? what do you use?.
Com'onĀ  troll and flame a little ;-)

We use PostgreSQL, with heavy emphasis on its transaction handling etc.

In general it works out of the box, and its documentation etc. is fairly easy to manage... I use Firebird for some small-scale stuff and found locating instructions for even simple jobs to be a challenge.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk