Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schreef:
Hello,

I was looking into a way to detect if an instance of my application is
running. Is there a cross-platform solution on rtl or fcl?

It seams that semaphores would be a good solution. I took a look at
pthreads and PSemaphore but that is only an alias for unix specific
semaphores.

If there is no current solution for this problem, may I implement
pthreads for Windows? Or maybe a new unit? I remember using Mutex
Windows APIs to do what I need in the past. There are probably
Semaphore functions that could be used to provide a uniform interface
across the supported platforms.

Have you considered UniqueInstance?
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/UniqueInstance

Vincent