Krishna wrote:
On 10/26/07, Matt Emson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We are talking about Symbian OS here. For linux and windows mobile
devices, I understand you can use FPC directly, right?

Sorry, you said Winemulator. I read "windows emulator" not "emulator for windows". My bad.
As for the FPC compiler targeting CLR.. It could be done. But why would
you need to? Use Chrome instead. Why reinvent the wheel. I see no
advantage in porting Legacy Pascal code to a new disparate platform.
Especially when said platform does things a lot more pleasurably.

Legacy Pascal? Din't generics get added in the last release? Anyways,
I'm not asking for a CLR/JVM port. FPC already generates code for the
target (here, ARM) it is only the OS interface that we are talking
about.
All native Object Pascal is legacy code for me. I haven't used Pascal in a new project for .. um.. 3 + years. Last job I maintained a Delphi app, but all new dev was in DotNet. I don't see going back to Delphi as an option, ever. I keep on this list because I have ~15 years of Object Pascal legacy code under my belt and I still really like Pascal. I want to use it, but it's just not possible at the moment. Things might change soon, I'm entering the world of MacOS X soon. Though MONO is on the MacOS X platform, so I might not even then.

Does FPC support the flavour of Linux on the N800? That might also be something I'd like to look at.