Bee schreef:
If you just want to show off, the easiest is simply making a FPC header to
pcre, it might be useful even.

Making a header on top of other libraries written by other languages is showing that FPC is lack of powerful units/libraries. For some particular cases maybe it's alright. For example header over OS API, or over Apache, or over widgetsets (gtk, qt, wince, etc), or other common and huge libraries. But for basic or simple task like text processing, IMO we should provide it by ourselves (fpc). Maybe we should write our own pascal regex library that is more powerful than pcre, or at least equal. That way we could be more "independent". ;)

To give you a head start, check out:
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/packages/base/regexpr/

It needs testing and fixing.

Vincent