Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Craig Peterson wrote:

Does any version of FPC support the {$R file} syntax for resources on
non-Windows targets?  I'd prefer that to Lazarus's LResources unit.  I have
the impression that some work on it was done as part of Simon Kissel's
CrossFPC project, but I haven't been able to verify that.  Was work done and
never completed?  Is it a TODO that just doesn't have anyone to work on it?

All targets in 2.3.1 now support {$R file} syntax
And lazarus with fpc 2.3.1 can load forms from native resources. If you look at LResources.pas you will see:
{$IFDEF FPC_HAS_WINLIKERESOURCES}
 {$DEFINE UseRES}
{$ENDIF}

There you can also look how UseRES is used.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.