Mark Emerson wrote:
Most people aren't interested in truth (e.g. that Pascal is a vastly superior language in almost every respect). They are instead interested in what is popular, politically correct, and has been artfully propagandized into their gullible, small minds from a source they believe to be an "authority" (e.g. REAL programmers don't use Pascal).
Its also a manpower issue, and the number one reason I make my living writing C nowadays rather than Pascal. You can post an ad for a C programmer and get 1,000 applicants, if you post an ad for a Pascal programmer you might get 5, at least where I live. While I have argued that those 5 are probably better programmers than most of the 1,000, those that do the hiring don't care. They worry that if one guy gets hits by a bus, they won't be able to find anyone to replace him. That's also why I don't do much programming in Forth anymore (although I am working on one project with it as I type).

Jeff.

--
I haven't smoked for 3 years, 1 month and 4 weeks, saving $5,203.99 and not smoking 34,693.30 cigarettes.