Hans-Peter Suter <gcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm on a mac and use TextMate currently. As it doesn't jump between
declaration and implementation and ist mac-only, I am looking for a
replacement.

Is Emacs a good choice? Does it work well with FPC?

I don't quite understand the question.

Why is "Mac only" a problem? I use whatever is available on the platform I am on. Under Linux, I usually use Gedit. Well, except that I avoid plain text editors for development since I consider them inefficient.

Emacs is good if you don't care for consistency between applications at all. It can do anything but nothing is easy with it. It has old commands from the TTY days that are different from everything else.

How should "jump between declaration and implementation" work? That sounds like the kind of functionality that requires the program to parse the file contents a lot, which rules out any editor that doesn't have an explicit Pascal mode that is FPC compatible.

/Ingemar