This question is specific to a PC running Kubuntu 9.1 64-bit with a KDE 4.1 desktop.

I have a large number of PDFs. Their filenames are not meaningful, but I do have a list of filename versus contents.

I'd like to be able to read that list and create a bunch of desktop icons using the contents as the name of each icon, and where clicking on the icons invokes okular to read the PDF. I haven't been able to find anything about creating such an icon programmatically from Free Pascal.

Thanks,

Brian.