Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Marco van de Voort wrote:
It also proves that such solution external to the language is possible. That
weakens the case for a language feature

My point exactly! The language doesn't need such a feature because your
editor of choice should be able to do that, and in Lazarus IDE that is the
case.

This is unrelated though. Refactoring has its place, but is absolutely specific to a single IDE. If one never intends to use that IDE, the functionality is gone. I don't care for the feature either, but I can also see why it would be desirable over mechanical string replacement, no matter how advanced.