On Fri, February 18, 2011 02:24, waldo kitty wrote:
> On 2/17/2011 18:16, Kevin Jesshope wrote:
 .
 .
> my next problem is to get it compiling on my OS/2 box with FPC 2.4.2 and
> so far,
> that is not working... complaints of missing units and include files that
> i just
> don't know where to tell the compiler to look for... my development has
 .
 .
> on my OS/2 box, i've tried targets of OS2 and OS2 with EMX but both have
> failed
> all kinds of ways... i suspect that it is simply to do with the paths to
> the
> units and include files... i have been able to get something going
> somewhat but
> then run into masses of "duplicate identifier" errors...

I'm willing to have a look at your current version if you can upload it
somewhere. Synapse has probably not been ported to the OS/2 target and it
possibly uses various platform specific APIs but it should be possible to
port it with reasonable effort (especially stuff like processing MIME
messages should be fairly generic). First of all, you should check whether
the missing units are supposed to be platform independent or not. If not,
it is surely not just the matter of paths, etc. Also, if you mention
concrete error messages, people may be able to advise.

> i'm just not sure where to turn now so out of frustration, i'm now pulling
> down
> the dos242full.zip of FPC and will be installing that to another directory
> on
> the OS/2 box... then it should be a simple matter of copying the project
> another directory in there and giving it a kick in the arse to see what
> happens... hopefully i'll end up with a workable executable and my project
> with
> be, basically, at the end :)

I'd recommend using the OS/2 target directly in your case; there are
surely areas / functionalities which are better supported on the GO32v2
target (unit graph coming to my mind as one particular example), but I
don't think that your project should really need those.

Tomas