On Mon 3 Oct 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 03/10/2011 21:51, David Emerson wrote:
> > I am using the freetype unit (with linux) and would like to display some
> > interesting unicode characters. However when I pass a string containing say
> > U+2265 to GetStringGray, it doesn't display the unicode character at all;
> > it
> > shows 3 other characters in its place. What to do?
>
> What freetype API function are you calling? Not sure if it applies to
> freetype, but with Xft (as implemented and used in fpGUI), there are
> various versions of the same API. You need to call the correct one based
> on the encoding type of you text.

freetype.GetStringGray

I've tried tweaking all kinds of things but the sad truth is that I am really
pathetic at figuring out libraries when no documentation is given, and I sure
can't find any documentation.

I see that the fpgui helloworld program handles unicode nicely. I guess I'll
try
and imitate whatever's happening there.

Thanks again, Graeme!

~D.