On Tue 4 Oct 2011, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:
> > Is there some secret, hidden documentation for fpc's freetype unit? (and so
> > many other units?) :P
>
> No.
>
> But you are in luck: this is open source, and the Lazarus IDE lets you jump
> and look around in the FPC code very easily :-)
>
> If you need some UTF8 extensions to the freetype unit, feel free to make
> some suggestions, and we'll see what we can do.
>
> When the unit was made, unicode support was a thing of the distant future.
> (a future which of course crept up on us faster than we imagined)

Ah, this is the answer I was looking for! Well this looks like a place where I
might actually be able to contribute some code to the fpc project, which is
something I've been wanting to be able to do for a long time. We'll see how
that goes.

Of course the first task is to get fpc and lazarus configured to use the svn
version, something I've attempted and abandoned countless times. Hmmm.

~David.