On 06 Nov 2011, at 19:21, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
> >> I have the same feeling as Dmitry: There must be a time when FPC does
> >> not run after Delphi. Why not now?
> > Feel free to start a fork and we will see what will make it into trunk.
>
> Sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about. Isn't it you (and a few
> others) who decide what becomes part of FPC? It's not a democratic vote,
> isn't it?

That's exactly what he said: you are free to create a fork (= take the FPC
source code and do whatever you want with it), and then the currently active
FPC developers are also free to take whichever of your patches they consider
useful. What's not possible is that other people dictate what you must do with
the FPC source code, just like you can't dictate what other people must do.

> I don't know how to submit a patch.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Creating_A_Patch (it was written for Lazarus, but it
works pretty much the same with FPC)