On 29 January 2012 16:21, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markmll.fpc-pas...@telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> My experience is that both media and drives suffer with age, even if not
> being used.

I can imagine that might be for the disk, but not the drive itself. I
recently cleaned up my garage and found a crate full of old hardware
(boxes and boxes of 5.25" and 3.5" floppies, 2 5.25" floppy drives,
286 motherboard, 1x 84MB HDD, very old software and games etc...). The
floppy drives and diskettes still worked. :-)

No idea what I must do with all this old stuff though.... Does anybody
collect such stuff?

@Florian
Definitely try to preserve such old software releases. If you can, you
should upload it to SourceForge.

  - Graeme -