On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:43:19 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 February 2012 10:44, Mattias Gaertner  wrote:
> >
> > Yes, but without any indentation it is hard to read.
>
> Indentation (whitespace), which is purely for human enjoyment, causes
> problems in some of the fpdoc output formats that don't ignore such
> whitespace in the final output. TXT, IPF, RTF etc are some of them
> affected.

fpdoc uses xml and in most xml formats anything between two tags that
consists only of space characters is ignored. That's why normally
the indentation is only for readability and can be changed without
altering the xml. As far as I know fpdoc does the same.
If not, then this is uncommon and should get a prominent hint in the
docs.

If fpdoc uses the usual xml rules than the output backends must do
the same.

Of course it would be nicer if the used xml readers/writers can be told
to keep the spaces. Especially for version control systems.
I will take a look.

Mattias