On Tue, August 14, 2012 15:47, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Tomas Hajny wrote:

>>> Seems like the reasonable thing, yes.
>>
>> Actually, the file is more a configuration file for fpdoc than its
>> documentation, isn't it? From this point of view, shouldn't
>> SysUtils.GetAppConfigDir serve as the most reasonable location?
>
> It is definitely not a config file. It is a file that must be copied to
> every project you want to document with fpdoc.

If I understand it correctly, this is only the case for plain HTML whereas
CHM includes it internally (and from this point of view it is much more a
configuration file influencing the output than part of fpdoc documentation
- see also the comment from Marco).

>From certain point of view it is unfortunate that the same file (equally
named and potentially even equally placed) is used as the default template
for generation of new documents with fpdoc and also for viewing of the
(distributed) FPC documentation because fpdoc users may want to change the
style of their generated documents but they may not be interested in
changing the design of our FPC documentation.

Tomas