On 08/01/2014 19:00, Sven Barth wrote:
> *sigh* I thought you were one of those who already knows this, but it
> seems not: *ALWAYS* compile using the last release as starting compiler.
I do know this and...

> We won't provide support if a trunk version (be it a non-released fixes
> or the main dev one) is used. The only exception is the compilation of a
> cross compiler using the exact same revision.
... I know this, too. That's why I exclude the svn update step for FPC
in my fpcup cross compile settings.

> (and yes that even includes if compiling with the last release results
> in the same error AMD thus might point to a different problem)
Which is one of the reasons I posted this: even with my limited
understanding of the build process, linking etc, I sometimes manage to
bring build problems to light.
Also, often more knowledgeable people are able to immediately pinpoint
my mistakes which is a great help.