On 2016-01-12 12:38, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On 2016-01-12 10:45, Torsten Bonde Christiansen wrote:
Since TStream doesn't have any native WriteFloat/Double and the likes,
some conversion is needed - but what is a good strategy for this?
I use FloatStr() to do the conversion, then Write() to actually write it
to a stream.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

In my case I am trying to write a datetime value, and in order not to worry about the format, separators, etc. i would much rather just write the actual floating point value...

Format the date/time as RFC3339 or ISO 8601 (they differe in details only) and you should not have a problem. ScanDateTime from strutils will happily
perform the opposite operation.
I will give it a try.

But out of curiosity is there a reason why there are not floating point Read/Write methods for TStream (and decendants)?

Regards,
Torsten.