On 2017-06-05 03:12, Stefan V. Pantazi wrote:
In my experience, the one dependency that AggPas has potential to fail
may be related to the freetype library. If you plan to run your app on
windows only, then you can turn freetype off and AggPas will happily use
windows font libraries. Search for the AGG2D_USE_FREETYPE define and
comment it out.

Correct, though even font support is optional in AggPas. So if you don't render text via AggPas, it has zero dependency - everything is done in pure Object Pascal code.

As for font support under Windows. Yes you can use GDI for font rendering, but I highly recommend using freetype.dll even under Windows. It has more features than GDI font support and the quality is better too.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/