Am 13.06.2018 um 22:19 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
In our previous episode, Florian Kl?mpfl said:
In our previous episode, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal said:
Which is what FPC already provides with SetRoundMode() in unit Math.

As long as one changes the rounding mode only locally for some calculations
and restores it afterwards there should be no problem (the rounding mode
can be considered as thread specific as well).

Or soft fpu. (-Cfsoft). Or is that only for 16-bit mode ?

What does it change? -Cfsoft is also IEEE compliant.

I thought that Nikolai was working on a 48-bit TP real soft fpu?

Not that I am aware of? At least I cannot remember that I have seen any code.